div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Friday, January 26, 2018

Celebrate the Small Things

It's that time of the week again—time to celebrate! (I love celebrations, don't you?)

So, what are we celebrating?

Anything. . .everything! Every week, things happen which put a smile on our faces. Although some are hard to forget, others are more passing moments. But it's these small things in life which can make all the difference.

Thanks to Lexa Cain and her co-host, L.G. Keltner from Writing Off the Edgewe can sit back for a second and remember these happy moments.


This week, I'm celebrating. . .


1) Creamy lemon chicken! My kids wanted lemon chicken for dinner, so I did a quick Google search (the biggest, grandest cookbook in the world) and discovered a recipe that was oh-so-good! Luckily, I made extras and my husband was even taking it along to work for lunch. The sauce is calorie packed but definitely worth every bite. https://www.recipetineats.com/creamy-lemon-chicken/

2) A slap across the face! ....Whoa! How is that something to celebrate??? (See, I know what you're thinking.)  This is more a celebration of my kids' wonderful, zany and never dying sense of humor. My uncles had it. . .my brothers have it. . .and I'm so glad to see that my kids have it to. To stay humorous is a valuable tool in life. Anyway, my oldest son has been on this weight-lifting, mass-gaining kick for years and eats two meals of rice and chicken every day on top of the regular meals (this is boot camp boy). Last night. . .while cooking up his chicken breasts. . .he suddenly turned around and slapped me across the face with a raw chicken breast. I was dumbfounded. Completely. Utterly. But after that evening. . .and this sounds crazy. . .it was exactly the kind of stupidity I needed. After I cleaned up chicken slime from my cheek, that is.

I mean, who does that???

3) Editing done and a short story off to a beta! I love the freeing feeling of sending those out that door.


So, what put a smile on your face this last week?

Hear a song you haven't heard in years? Discover a new cafe? Get a longer break than you expected at work?

What are you celebrating this week?

9 comments:

  1. I checked out that chicken recipe sounds delicious. I can't say that I've ever been slapped with a chicken breast :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raw chicken? At least it could've been cooked.
    Good news about the short story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for editing and getting a short out!!
    Creamy lemon chicken sounds awesome!

    It's takes someone with a sense of humor to find the humor in getting slapped with raw chicken. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Humor is one of the best things in the world! My kids have an incredible mastery for making me laugh. It's wonderful.

    I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful to see that even with chicken slime on your face you still have a sense of humor. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. Sons do know how to charm their mothers though mine never tried with raw chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hearing about someone getting slapped with raw chicken is, oddly enough, not the strangest thing I've read about today. :P I think the only thing I have to celebrate from this past week is that none of the bad things I was thinking about happened, so... yay?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lemon chicken sounds really good. Yum! Congratulations on getting that short story off to a beta!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had some great things to make you smile this week. I reconnected with some friends I haven't seen in ages. That made me very happy.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your valuable Tidbits -